Employment protection legislation; lessons from theoretical and empirical studies for the Dutch case
AbstractEmployment protection is a hotly debated topic. In this document we review the theoretical and empirical studies on the impact of employment protection. Subsequently, we confront the findings of these studies with the Dutch setup, and consider a number of reform options.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis in its series CPB Document with number 135.
Date of creation: Nov 2006
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Private Pensions
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2007-01-23 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2007-01-23 (Macroeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bovenberg, A Lans & Teulings, Coen N, 2008.
CEPR Discussion Papers
6936, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lans Bovenberg & Coen Teulings, 2008. "Rhineland exit," CPB Discussion Paper 101, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Bovenberg, A Lans & Teulings, Coen N, 2008. "Rhineland Exit?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6645, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lans Bovenberg & Coenraad N. Teulings, 2008. "Rhineland Exit?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2186, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bovenberg, Lans & Teulings, Coen, 2008. "Rhineland Exit?," IZA Discussion Papers 3626, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lans Bovenberg & Coen N. Teulings, 2007. "Rhineland exit?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-101/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mathijs Gerritsen & Jens Høj, 2013. "The Dutch Labour Market: Preparing for the Future," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1012, OECD Publishing.
- Wolfgang Ochel, 2008. "The Political Economy of Two-tier Reforms of Employment Protection in Europe," CESifo Working Paper Series 2461, CESifo Group Munich.
- Egbert Jongen, 2009. "An analysis of individual accounts for the unemployment risk in the Netherlands," CPB Document 186, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Wolfgang Ochel, 2009. "Niederlande: Ein neuer Weg zu mehr Flexicurity," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 62(01), pages 58-61, 01.
- Trudie Schils, 2007. "WP 56 - Employment protection in dutch collective labour agreements," AIAS Working Papers wp56, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.