Backed Money, Fiat Money, and the Real Bills Doctrine
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UCLA Department of Economics in its series UCLA Economics Working Papers with number 774B.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.ucla.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Sproul, 1999. "Backed Money, Fiat Money and the Real Bills Doctrine," UCLA Economics Working Papers 789, UCLA Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laidler, David, 1987. "Wicksell and fisher on the "Backing" of money and the quantity theory A comment on the debate between Bruce Smith and Ronald Michener," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 325-334, January.
- Wallace, Neil, 1981. "A Modigliani-Miller Theorem for Open-Market Operations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 267-74, June.
- Siklos, P.L., 1990.
"The Link Between Money And Prices Under Different Policy Regimes: The Postwar Hungarian Experience,"
90134, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Siklos, Pierre L., 1990. "The link between money and prices under different policy regimes: The postwar Hungarian experience," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 468-482, October.
- Cunningham, Thomas J, 1992. "Some Real Evidence on the Real Bills Doctrine versus the Quantity Theory," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(2), pages 371-83, April.
- Michener, Ronald, 1987. "Fixed exchange rates and the quantity theory in colonial America," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 233-307, January.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1982. "The Real-Bills Doctrine versus the Quantity Theory: A Reconsideration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1212-36, December.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1982.
"The Ends of Four Big Inflations,"
in: Inflation: Causes and Effects, pages 41-98
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1992.
"Money and Prices in Colonial America: A New Test of Competing Theories,"
NBER Working Papers
3383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1992. "Money and Prices in Colonial America: A New Test of Competing Theories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 143-61, February.
- James Tobin, 1963. "Commercial Banks as Creators of 'Money'," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 159, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Siklos, P.L., 1990. "The Link Between Money And Prices Under Different Policy Regimes: The Postwar Hungarian Experience," Working Papers 90134, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Calomiris, Charles W., 1988. "Institutional Failure, Monetary Scarcity, and the Depreciation of the Continental," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(01), pages 47-68, March.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tim Kwok).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.