A Modigliani-Miller theorem for open-market operations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis in its series Staff Report with number 44.
Date of creation: 1979
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in American Economic Review (Vol.71, n.3, June 1981, pp.267-274)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bryant, John & Wallace, Neil, 1979. "The Inefficiency of Interest-bearing National Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(2), pages 365-81, April.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1967.
"A Re-Examination of the Modigliani Miller Theorem,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
242, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Wallace 1981 AER Puzzle
by Richard H. Serlin in Richard H. Serlin on 2012-08-09 04:58:00
- Want to Understand the Intuition for Wallace Neutrality (QE Can't Work), and Why it's Wrong in the Real World?
by Richard H. Serlin in Richard H. Serlin on 2012-09-09 10:26:00
- Blogs review: Wallace Neutrality and Balance Sheet Monetary Policy
by ? in Bruegel blog on 2012-09-10 12:37:48
- Monetary Policy Confusion
by Stephen Williamson in Stephen Williamson: New Monetarist Economics on 2013-06-20 20:50:00
- Wallace Neutrality Roundup: QE May Work in Practice, But Can It Work in Theory?
by ? in Confessions of a Supply-Side Liberal on 2013-10-08 00:30:46
- The Intuition behind Wallace Neutrality, Attempt 3
by Richard H. Serlin in Richard H. Serlin on 2014-08-10 22:38:00
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janelle Ruswick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.