The Effect of Internet Piracy on CD Sales: Cross-Section Evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CESifo Group Munich in its series CESifo Working Paper Series with number 1122.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
piracy; music; peer-to-peer; internet; survey data; cross-country regressions;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hui Kai-Lung & Png Ivan, 2003. "Piracy and the Legitimate Demand for Recorded Music," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-24, September.
- Martin Peitz & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2003. "Piracy of Digital Products: A Critical Review of the Economics Literature," CESifo Working Paper Series 1071, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ivan Png, 2006. "Copyright: A Plea for Empirical Research," Levine's Working Paper Archive 321307000000000484, David K. Levine.
- Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2004.
"An Economist's Guide to Digital Music,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
32, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2004. "File-Sharing, Sampling, and Music Distribution," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 31, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Jonathan Dörr & Thomas Wagner & Alexander Benlian & Thomas Hess, 2013. "Music as a Service as an Alternative to Music Piracy?," Business & Information Systems Engineering, Springer, vol. 5(6), pages 383-396, December.
- Francisco Vázquez & Richard Watt, 2011. "Copyright piracy as prey–predator behavior," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 31-43, April.
- Vendrik Maarten & Cörvers Frank, 2009.
"Male and female labour force participation: the role of dynamic adjustments to changes in labour demand, government policies and autonomous trends,"
013, Maastricht : ROA, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market.
- Vendrik, Maarten & Cörvers, Frank, 2009. "Male and Female Labour Force Participation: The Role of Dynamic Adjustments to Changes in Labour Demand, Government Policies and Autonomous Trends," IZA Discussion Papers 4397, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Vendrik Maarten & Cörvers Frank, 2009. "Male and female labour force participation: the role of dynamic adjustments to changes in labour demand, government policies and autonomous trends," Research Memoranda 036, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Lonnie K. Stevans, 2005.
"An Empirical Investigation into the Effect of Music Downloading on the Consumer Expenditure of Recorded Music: A Time Series Approach,"
- Lonnie Stevans & David Sessions, 2005. "An Empirical Investigation Into the Effect of Music Downloading on the Consumer Expenditure of Recorded Music: A Time Series Approach," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 311-324, 09.
- Marie Connolly & Alan Krueger, 2005.
"Rockonomics: The Economics of Popular Music,"
878, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Handke, Christian, 2012. "Digital copying and the supply of sound recordings," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 15-29.
- Iacopo Grassi, 2007. "The Music Market in the Age of Download," Working Papers 2007.80, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Peeters, Ronald & Yang, Michael, 2008.
"Competition against peer-to-peer networks,"
020, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Florian Schuett & Amedeo Piolatto, 2011.
"A model of music piracy with popularity-dependent copying costs,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2011-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Piolatto, Amedeo & Schuett, Florian, 2012. "Music piracy: A case of “The Rich Get Richer and the Poor Get Poorer”," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 30-39.
- Amedeo Piolatto & Florian Schuett, 2011. "A model of music piracy with popularity-dependent copying costs," Working Papers 2011/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Birgitte Andersen & Marion Frenz, 2010. "Don’t blame the P2P file-sharers: the impact of free music downloads on the purchase of music CDs in Canada," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(5), pages 715-740, October.
- Juan Montoro Pons & Manuel Cuadrado García, 2008. "Legal origin and intellectual property rights: an empirical study in the prerecorded music sector," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 153-173, October.
- Felix Oberholzer-Gee & Koleman Strumpf, 2010. "File Sharing and Copyright," NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 10, pages 19-55 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.