La SAMEA y la eficiencia económica y ambiental en España
AbstractThis paper aims to show the utility of the so-called Social Accounting Matrix and Environmental Accounts (SAMEA) for economic and environmental efficiency analysis. The article use the SAMEA for Spain in 2000, applied to the water resource and to greenhouses gases emissions. The estimation has been made from official data of the INE. This matrix is used like central core of a multisectorial model of the economic and environmental performance, and is calculated, what have been called "domestics multipliers SAMEA" and their decomposition into characteristic, direct, indirect and induced effects. These multipliers show some of the valuation economic and environmental efficiency. Also, is made an application of these multipliers that allows to appreciate that there is no causal interrelation between the sectors with a higher economic backward linkages and higher environmental deterioration backward linkages.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centro de Estudios Andaluces in its series Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces with number E2005/09.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Input-Output Models; Evaluation of Environmental Effects; Air Pollution; Environmental Accounting;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2005-05-23 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2005-05-23 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2005-05-23 (Environmental Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Butnar, Isabela & Llop Llop, Maria, 2006.
"Composition of Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Spain: an Input-Output Analysis,"
2072/1750, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Butnar, Isabela & Llop, Maria, 2007. "Composition of greenhouse gas emissions in Spain: An input-output analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 388-395, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Teresa Rodríguez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.