A Characterization of Robust Sunspot Equilibria
AbstractIn nonconvex environments, a sunspot equilibrium can sometimes be destroyed by the introduction of new extrinsic information. We provide a simple test for determining whether or not a particular equilibrium survives, or is robust to, all possible reâ€¦nements of the state space. We use this test to provide a characterization of the set of robust sunspot-equilibrium allocations of a given economy: it is equivalent to the set of equilibrium allocations of the associated lottery economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara in its series University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series with number qt6x37686b.
Date of creation: 07 Oct 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2127 North Hall, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9210
Phone: (805) 893-3670
Fax: (805) 893-8830
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/ucsbecon_dwp/
More information through EDIRC
Characterization; Robust; Sunspot; Equilibria;
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garratt, Rod, 1995.
"Decentralizing Lottery Allocations in Markets with Indivisible Commodities,"
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 295-313, March.
- Rod Garratt, 2010. "Decentralizing Lottery Allocations in Markets With Indivisible Commodities," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2087, David K. Levine.
- Edward C Prescott & Robert M Townsend, 2010.
"Pareto Optima and Competitive Equilibria With Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2069, David K. Levine.
- Prescott, Edward C & Townsend, Robert M, 1984. "Pareto Optima and Competitive Equilibria with Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(1), pages 21-45, January.
- Garratt, Rod & Keister, Todd & Qin, Cheng-Zhong & Shell, Karl, 2002. "Equilibrium Prices When the Sunspot Variable Is Continuous," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 11-38, November.
- Karl Shell & Aditya Goenka, 1997. "Robustness of sunspot equilibria," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 79-98.
- Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1983. "Do Sunspots Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 193-227, April.
- Gaetano Antinolfi & Todd Keister, 1998. "Options and sunspots in a simple monetary economy," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 295-315.
- Edward C Prescott & Robert M Townsend, 1997.
"General Competitive Analysis in an Economy with Private Information,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1578, David K. Levine.
- Prescott, Edward C & Townsend, Robert M, 1984. "General Competitive Analysis in an Economy with Private Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Prescott, Edward C. & Shell, Karl, 2002.
"Introduction to Sunspots and Lotteries,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 1-10, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.