Obtaining Critical Values for Test of Markov Regime Switching
AbstractFor Markov regime-switching models, testing for the possible presence ofmore than one regime requires the use of a non-standard test statistic. Carterand Steigerwald (forthcoming, Journal of Econometric Methods) derive in detailthe analytic steps needed to implement the test ofMarkov regime-switchingproposed by Cho and White (2007, Econometrica). We summarize the implementationsteps and address the computational issues that arise. A newcommand to compute regime-switching critical values, rscv, is introduced andpresented in the context of empirical research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara in its series University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series with number qt3685g3qr.
Date of creation: 20 Oct 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2127 North Hall, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9210
Phone: (805) 893-3670
Fax: (805) 893-8830
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/ucsbecon_dwp/
More information through EDIRC
Social and Behavioral Sciences; mixture model; regime switching; multiple equilibria;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2012-11-11 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ORE-2012-11-11 (Operations Research)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bloom, David E & Canning, David & Sevilla, Jaypee, 2003. " Geography and Poverty Traps," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 355-78, December.
- Andrew V. Carter & Douglas G. Steigerwald, 2012.
"Testing for Regime Switching: A Comment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 80(4), pages 1809-1812, 07.
- Carter, Andrew V & Steigerwald, Douglas G, 2010. "Testing for Regime Switching: A Comment," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt5079q9dc, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.