Interwar Unemployment in International Perspective
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley in its series Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series with number qt7bw188gk.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 1988
Date of revision:
Eichengreen; Hatton; unemployment; international perspective;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr & Rapping, Leonard A, 1969. "Real Wages, Employment, and Inflation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(5), pages 721-54, Sept./Oct.
- Walter Galenson & Arnold Zellner, 1957. "International Comparison of Unemployment Rates," NBER Chapters, in: The Measurement and Behavior of Unemployment, pages 439-584 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Christina, 1986. "Spurious Volatility in Historical Unemployment Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(1), pages 1-37, February.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1987. "Juvenile Unemployment in 20th Century Britain: The Emergence of a Problem," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt24g736fq, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Bonnell, Sheila, 1981. "Real Wages and Employment in the Great Depression," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 57(158), pages 277-81, September.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1985.
"Employment, Hours, and Earnings in the Depression: An Analysis of EightManufacturing Industries,"
NBER Working Papers
1642, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1986. "Employment, Hours, and Earnings in the Depression: An Analysis of EightManufacturing Industries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 82-109, March.
- Newell, A. & Symons, J. S. V., 1987. "Corporatism, laissez-faire and the rise in unemployment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 567-601, April.
- Hatton, T J & Bailey, R E, 1988.
"Female Labour Force Participation in Interwar Britain,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 695-718, December.
- Hatton, Timothy J., 1986. "Female Labour Force Participation: The Enigma of the Interwar Period," CEPR Discussion Papers 113, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hatton, Timothy J., 1987.
"A Quarterly Model of the Labour Market in Interwar Britain,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
186, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hatton, T J, 1988. "A Quarterly Model of the Labour Market in Interwar Britain," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Lilien, David M, 1982. "Sectoral Shifts and Cyclical Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 777-93, August.
- Broadberry, S N, 1986. "Aggregate Supply in Interwar Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 467-81, June.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Lawrence H. Summers, 1986.
"Hysteresis and the European Unemployment Problem,"
427, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Benjamin, Daniel K & Kochin, Levis A, 1979. "Searching for an Explanation of Unemployment in Interwar Britain," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(3), pages 441-78, June.
- Kesselman, Jonathan R & Savin, N Eugene, 1978. "Three-and-a-Half Million Workers Never Were Lost," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 16(2), pages 205-25, April.
- Beenstock, Michael & Warburton, Peter, 1986. "Wages and unemployment in interwar Britain," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 153-172, April.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.