Federalism and Reductions in the Federal Budget
AbstractAssesses two ways (mandates and grants) in which federalist principles affect the budget and deficit at the federal level, the relationship between the federal and local governments, and the assumption of state responsibility for a number of public regulations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy in its series Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series with number qt28h7485r.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: F502 Haas, Berkeley CA 94720-1922
Phone: (510) 642-1922
Fax: (510) 642-5018
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/iber_bphup/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward M. Gramlich & Deborah S. Laren, 1984. "Migration and Income Redistribution Responsibilities," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(4), pages 489-511.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1990. "Has State Redistribution Policy Grown More Conservative?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 43(2), pages 123-42, June Cita.
- Edward M. Gramlich, 1991. "The 1991 State and Local Fiscal Crisis," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(2), pages 249-288.
- Moffitt, Robert A., 1984. "The effects of grants-in-aid on state and local expenditures : The case of AFDC," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 279-305, April.
- Pauly, Mark V., 1973. "Income redistribution as a local public good," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 35-58, February.
- Muhammad Sabir, 2010. "Financial Implications of the 7th NFC Award and the Impact on Social Services," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 387â403.
- Lulfesmann, Christoph, 2002.
"Central governance or subsidiarity: A property-rights approach to federalism,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1379-1397, September.
- Christoph Lülfesmann, 2000. "Central Governance or Subsidiarity: A Property-Rights Approach to Federalism," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse5_2001, University of Bonn, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.