Entrepreneurship, technology and change: a review and proposal for an interpretative framework
AbstractThe objective of this article is to analyze the relationship between entrepreneurship and change in technological domains, with the focus on possible causal relations in both directions. It aims at investigating how technological changes generate opportunities that entrepreneurs or entrepreneurial organizations can properly exploit, and shedding light on how entrepreneurial behavior can be a promoter of change in both technology-intensive and technology-adopting businesses. Finally, we contribute to the literature on technology entrepreneurship by suggesting an explicit theoretical relationship between innovation dynamics (or techniques) and the entrepreneurial behavior of firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo in its series Working Papers with number 1103.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: viale Marconi 5, 24044 Dalmine
Web page: http://www.unibg.it/struttura/en_struttura.asp?cerca=en_dige_intro
More information through EDIRC
technology entrepreneurship; technological change; knowledge-base innovation; entrepreneurial orientation;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-09-05 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2011-09-05 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-IPR-2011-09-05 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-SBM-2011-09-05 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TID-2011-09-05 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jo Voola, 2006. "Technological change and industry structure: A case study of the petroleum industry," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 271-288.
- Kwanghui Lim, 2009. "The many faces of absorptive capacity: spillovers of copper interconnect technology for semiconductor chips," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(6), pages 1249-1284, December.
- Deeds, David L. & Decarolis, DONA & Coombs, Joseph, 2000. "Dynamic capabilities and new product development in high technology ventures: An empirical analysis of new biotechnology firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 211-229, May.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1993.
"Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 102-103, April.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1982. "Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 147-162, June.
- Phan, Phillip H. & Wright, Mike & Ucbasaran, Deniz & Tan, Wee-Liang, 2009. "Corporate entrepreneurship: Current research and future directions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 197-205, May.
- N. Venkatraman, 1989. "Strategic Orientation of Business Enterprises: The Construct, Dimensionality, and Measurement," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 942-962, August.
- Leiponen, Aija & Drejer, Ina, 2007. "What exactly are technological regimes?: Intra-industry heterogeneity in the organization of innovation activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1221-1238, October.
- Shaker A. Zahra & Harry J. Sapienza & Per Davidsson, 2006. "Entrepreneurship and Dynamic Capabilities: A Review, Model and Research Agenda," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 917-955, 06.
- Ferreira, João & Azevedo, Susana, 2007. "Entrepreneurial Orientation as a main Resource and Capability on Small Firm’s Growth," MPRA Paper 5682, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dominique Finon & Carine Staropoli, 2001. "Institutional And Technological Co-Evolution In The French Electronuclear Industry," Industry & Innovation, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 179-199.
- Jones, Gary K. & LanctotJR., Aldor & Teegen, Hildy J., 2001. "Determinants and performance impacts of external technology acquisition," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 255-283, May.
- Jeffrey Funk, 2008. "Systems, Components and Technological Discontinuities: The Case of the Semiconductor Industry," Industry & Innovation, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 411-433.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (University of Bergamo Library).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.