Making regression tables simplified
Abstractestout, introduced by Jann (2005), is a useful tool for producing regression tables from stored estimates. However, its syntax is relatively complex and commands may turn out lengthy even for simple tables. Furthermore, having to store the estimates beforehand can be a bit cumbersome. To facilitate the production of regression tables, I therefore present two new commands called esto and esta. esto is a wrapper for official Stata’s estimates store and simplifies the storing of estimation results for tabulation. For example, esto does not require the user to provide names for the stored estimation sets. esta, on the other hand, is a wrapper for estout and simplifies compiling nice-looking tables from the stored estimates without much typing. Basic applications of the commands and usage of esta with external software such as LaTeX, Word, or Excel will be illustrated by a range of examples.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stata Users Group in its series German Stata Users' Group Meetings 2007 with number 01.
Date of creation: 11 Apr 2007
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-21 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Przepiorka, Wojtek, 2013. "Buyers pay for and sellers invest in a good reputation: More evidence from eBay," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 31-42.
- Michael Kind & John P. Haisken-DeNew, 2012.
"Sons' Unexpected Long Term Scarring Due to Fathers' Unemployment,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2012n21, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Michael Kind & John P. Haisken-DeNew, 2012. "Sons‘ Unexpected Long Term Scarring due to Fathers‘ Unemployment," Ruhr Economic Papers 0375, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Ingo E. Isphording & Sebastian Otten, 2011. "Linguistic Distance and the Language Fluency of Immigrants," Ruhr Economic Papers 0274, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Carsten Sauer & Peter Valet & Stefan Liebig, 2013. "The Impact of within and between Occupational Inequalities on People's Justice Perceptions towards Their Own Earnings," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 567, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.