Nuove serie storiche sull'attivita' di banche e altre istituzioni finanziarie dal 1861 al 2011: che cosa ci dicono?
AbstractThis paper reconstructs time series for Italy's banks, banks of issue, Cassa Depositi e Prestiti S.p.A. and non-bank financial intermediaries from 1861 to 2011. Statistics refer to the main items of bank balance sheets, currency in circulation, postal saving, bank interest rates, and value added. The paper analyses the main trends of the banking system and other financial corporations since Italian unification.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area in its series Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) with number 26.
Date of creation: Jun 2012
Date of revision:
banks; banks of issue; Cassa Depositi e Prestiti S.p.A.; value added;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N14 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: 1913-
- Y1 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Data: Tables and Charts
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.