Una revisione dei conti nazionali dell'Italia (1951-1970)
AbstractThe research presented here is part of a wider project of revision of historical national accounts in Italy between 1891 and 1970. The reconstruction for 1951-1970 relies on a previous estimate of inter-sectoral (input-output) matrix for 1951 and on a new estimate of inter-sectoral matrix for 1970. For that year, the last "pillar" on which this reconstruction is based, the reconstruction of level of national accounts aggregates is carried out, while keeping consistency with the figures estimated in the previous "pillar years", both in terms of classification of economic activities and with reference to the accounting scheme (ISTAT 65). Starting from values pinned down in the pillar years, value added for 15 branches and GDP uses are computed for each year under the constraint of two other inter-sectoral matrices in 1959 and 1965. Annual data between pillars are estimated with Denton's interpolation method, using as reference series the growth rates of original series from ISTAT.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area in its series Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) with number 27.
Date of creation: Jul 2012
Date of revision:
Italy; National Accounts; Historical Data Reconstruction;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N14 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: 1913-
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2012-09-09 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-09-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giovanni Iuzzolino & Guido Pellegrini & Gianfranco Viesti, 2011. "Convergence among Italian Regions, 1861-2011," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 22, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Luigi Guiso & Paolo Pinotti, 2011. "Democratization and Civic Capital in Italy," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 23, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.