Internal and External Exchange Rate Equilibrium in a Cointegration Framework. An Application to the Spanish Peseta
AbstractA simple method to estimate multilateral equilibrium real exchange rates in a cointegration framework is used to compute the equilibrium real exchange rate for the peseta. The stock of foreign assets and the evolution of sectoral prices have been considered to be the fundamentals for the real exchange rate. After testing for cointegration among the three variables, we proceed to decompose the series in a permanent and a transitory component, following the method devised by Gonzalo and Granger.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banco de Espa�a in its series Banco de Espa�a Working Papers with number 9916.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
EXCHANGE RATE ; ECONOMIC EQUILIBRIUM ; ECONOMIC MODELS;
Other versions of this item:
- Enrique Alberola & Humberto López, 2001. "Internal and external exchange rate equilibrium in a cointegration framework. An application to the Spanish peseta," Spanish Economic Review, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 23-40.
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- César Calderón, 2004.
"Un Análisis del Comportamiento del Tipo de Cambio Real en Chile,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
266, Central Bank of Chile.
- César Calderón M., 2004. "Un Análisis del Comportamiento del Tipo de Cambio Real en Chile," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 7(1), pages 5-30, April.
- Hugo Oliveros & Carlos Huertas, . "Desequilibrios Nominales y Reales del Tipo de Cambio en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 220, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Enrique Alberola & Susana G. Cervero & Humberto Lopez & Angel Ubide, 2000.
"Global Equilibrium Exchange Rates: Euro, Dollar, "Ins," "Outs," and Other Major Currencies in a Panel Cointegration Framework,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0051, Econometric Society.
- Susana Garcia Cervero & J. Humberto Lopez & Enrique Alberola Ila & Angel J. Ubide, 1999. "Global Equilibrium Exchange Rates - Euro, Dollar, "Ins," "Outs," and Other Major Currencies in a Panel Cointegration Framework," IMF Working Papers 99/175, International Monetary Fund.
- Lopez, Humberto & Molina, Luis & Bussolo, Maurizio, 2007. "Remittances and the real exchange rate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4213, The World Bank.
- Megumi Kubota, . "Real Exchange Rate Misalignments: Theoretical Modelling and Empirical Evidence," Discussion Papers 09/24, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Alberola, Enrique & Lopez, Humberto & Serven, Luis, 2004.
"Tango with the Gringo: the hard peg and real misalignment in Argentina,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3322, The World Bank.
- Enrique Alberola & Humberto López & Luis Servén, 2004. "Tango with the gringo: the hard peg and real misalign ment in Argentina," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0405, Banco de Espa�a.
- Elena Pelinescu, 2013. "Exchange Rate During The Financial Crisis," Internal Auditing and Risk Management, Athenaeum University of Bucharest, vol. 2(30), pages 101-110, June.
- Kubota, Megumi, 2013. "Estimating the half-life of theoretically founded real exchange rate misalignments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6411, The World Bank.
- Alper, Ahmet Murat & Civcir, İrfan, 2012. "Can overvaluation prelude to crisis and harm growth in Turkey," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 112-131.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mar�a Beiro. Electronic Dissemination of Information Unit. Research Department. Banco de Espa�a).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.