A Class of Incomplete and Ambiguity Averse Preferences
AbstractThis paper characterizes ambiguity averse preferences in the absence of the completeness axiom. We axiomatize multiple selves versions of some of the most important examples of complete and ambiguity averse preferences, and characterize when those incomplete preferences are ambiguity averse.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department in its series Working Papers Series with number 180.
Date of creation: Jan 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.bcb.gov.br/?english
Other versions of this item:
- Nascimento, Leandro & Riella, Gil, 2011. "A class of incomplete and ambiguity averse preferences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 728-750, March.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nascimento, Leandro, 2012. "The ex-ante aggregation of opinions under uncertainty," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 7(3), September.
- Riedel, Frank & Dana, Rose-Anne, 2010.
"Intertemporal Equilibria with Knightian Uncertainty,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/5375, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Riedel, Frank, 2013. "Intertemporal equilibria with Knightian uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 148(4), pages 1582-1605.
- Rose-Anne Dana & Frank Riedel, 2013. "Intertemporal equilibria with Knightian Uncertainty," Working Papers 2013-016, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Riedel, Frank & Dana, Rose-Anne, 2013. "Intertemporal equilibria with Knightian uncertainty," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11268, Paris Dauphine University.
- Rose-Anne Dana & Franck Riedel, 2013. "Intertemporal Equilibria with Knightian uncertainty," Post-Print hal-00927170, HAL.
- Rose-Anne Dana & Frank Riedel, 2010. "Intertemporal Equilibria with Knightian Uncertainty," Working Papers 440, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Eric Danan, 2010.
"Randomization vs. Selection: How to Choose in the Absence of Preference?,"
INFORMS, vol. 56(3), pages 503-518, March.
- Eric Danan, 2010. "Randomization vs. selection: How to choose in the absence of preference?," Post-Print hal-00872249, HAL.
- Faro, José Heleno, 2011. "Variational Bewley Preferences," Insper Working Papers wpe_258, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francisco Marcos Rodrigues Figueiredo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.