Prolegomenon zu einer evolutorischen Theorie der Unternehmung
AbstractThe evolutionary theory of economic change in the predominant version of Nelson and Winter has originally put forward an independent theory of the firm only fragmentary. It rests upon the behavioural theory of the firm and the innovation theories of Marshall and Schumpeter. The object of this paper is at the same time to elaborate on this approach and above all to enlarge it through the resource-based- and beyond that the knowledge-based-theory of the firm. This extension by recent findings of „Business Strategy" renders possible a more active part for firms to gain lasting competitive advantages. Besides that it gives rise to an intended heterogeneity among firms. It also necessarily connects the strengths and weaknesses of an individual firm and the opportunities and threats of its environment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics in its series Discussion Paper Series with number 202.
Date of creation: May 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitaetsstrasse 16, D-86159 Augsburg, Germany
Phone: +49 821 598 4060
Fax: +49 821 598 4217
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-augsburg.de/vwl/institut
More information through EDIRC
Evolutionary Economics; Theory of the firm; Knowledge-based theory of the firm;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elliott, John E., 1983. "Schumpeter and the theory of capitalist economic development," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 277-308, December.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2003. "Localized Technological Change," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200305, University of Turin.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R, 1994. "An Introduction to Evolutionary Theories in Economics," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 153-72, September.
- Chandler, Alfred Jr., 1992. "What is a firm? : A historical perspective," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 483-492, April.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1988. "The Theory of the Firm Revisited," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 141-61, Spring.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Albrecht Bossert).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.