Weak and strong no-arbitrage conditions for continuous financial markets
AbstractWe propose a unified analysis of a whole spectrum of no-arbitrage conditions for financial market models based on continuous semimartingales. In particular, we focus on no-arbitrage conditions weaker than the classical notions of No Arbitrage and No Free Lunch with Vanishing Risk. We provide a complete characterisation of the considered no-arbitrage conditions, linking their validity to the characteristics of the discounted asset price process and to the existence and the properties of (weak) martingale deflators, and review classical as well as recent results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1302.7192.
Date of creation: Feb 2013
Date of revision: May 2014
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eckhard Platen, 2004.
"A Benchmark Approach to Finance,"
Research Paper Series, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney
138, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Dzhaparidze, Kacha & Spreij, Peter, 1993. "On correlation calculus for multivariate martingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 283-299, June.
- Freddy Delbaen & Walter Schachermayer, 1998. "A Simple Counterexample to Several Problems in the Theory of Asset Pricing," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 1-11.
- Eva Strasser, 2005. "Characterization of arbitrage-free markets," Papers math/0503473, arXiv.org.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Laurent, Jean-Paul & Pham, HuyÃªn, 1996.
"Mean-variance hedging and numeraire,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Eckhard Platen, 2001. "Arbitrage in Continuous Complete Markets," Research Paper Series, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney 72, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Schweizer, Martin, 1992. "Martingale densities for general asset prices," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 363-378.
- Mark Loewenstein & Gregory A. Willard, 2000. "Local martingales, arbitrage, and viability," Economic Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 135-161.
- Dirk Becherer, 2001. "The numeraire portfolio for unbounded semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 327-341.
- RheinlÃ¤nder, Thorsten & Schweizer, Martin, 1997. "On L2-projections on a space of stochastic integrals," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1997,25, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Cheng, Susan T., 1991. "On the feasibility of arbitrage-based option pricing when stochastic bond price processes are involved," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 185-198, February.
- Tahir Choulli & Jun Deng & Junfeng Ma, 2012. "How Non-Arbitrage, Viability and Num\'eraire Portfolio are Related," Papers 1211.4598, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2014.
- Gianluca Cassese, 2005. "A Note On Asset Bubbles In Continuous-Time," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(04), pages 523-536.
- Eckhard Platen, 2009. "A Benchmark Approach to Investing and Pricing," Research Paper Series, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney 253, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Hardy Hulley & Martin Schweizer, 2010. "M6 - On Minimal Market Models and Minimal Martingale Measures," Research Paper Series, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney 280, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Jarrow, Robert & Protter, Philip, 2005. "Large traders, hidden arbitrage, and complete markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 2803-2820, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.