No-arbitrage conditions and absolutely continuous changes of measure
AbstractWe study the stability of several no-arbitrage conditions with respect to absolutely continuous, but not necessarily equivalent, changes of measure. We first consider models based on continuous semimartingales and show that no-arbitrage conditions weaker than NA and NFLVR are always stable. Then, in the context of general semimartingale models, we show that an absolutely continuous change of measure does never introduce arbitrages of the first kind as long as the change of measure density process can reach zero only continuously.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1312.4296.
Date of creation: Dec 2013
Date of revision: Mar 2014
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-20 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eva Strasser, 2005. "Characterization of arbitrage-free markets," Papers math/0503473, arXiv.org.
- Hardy Hulley & Martin Schweizer, 2010. "M6 - On Minimal Market Models and Minimal Martingale Measures," Research Paper Series 280, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Mark Loewenstein & Gregory A. Willard, 2000. "Local martingales, arbitrage, and viability," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 135-161.
- Dzhaparidze, Kacha & Spreij, Peter, 1993. "On correlation calculus for multivariate martingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 283-299, June.
- Eckhard Platen, 2006.
"A Benchmark Approach To Finance,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 131-151.
- Jörg Osterrieder & Thorsten Rheinländer, 2006. "Arbitrage Opportunities in Diverse Markets via a Non-equivalent Measure Change," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 287-301, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.