Optimal multiple stopping with random waiting times
AbstractIn the standard models for optimal multiple stopping problems it is assumed that between two exercises there is always a time period of deterministic length $\delta$, the so called refraction period. This prevents the optimal exercise times from bunching up together on top of the optimal stopping time for the one-exercise case. In this article we generalize the standard model by considering random refraction times. We develop the theory and reduce the problem to a sequence of ordinary stopping problems thus extending the results for deterministic times. This requires an extension of the underlying filtrations in general. Furthermore we consider the Markovian case and treat an example explicitly.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1205.1966.
Date of creation: May 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thompson, Andrew C., 1995. "Valuation of Path-Dependent Contingent Claims with Multiple Exercise Decisions over Time: The Case of Take-or-Pay," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(02), pages 271-293, June.
- Patrick Jaillet & Ehud I. Ronn & Stathis Tompaidis, 2004. "Valuation of Commodity-Based Swing Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(7), pages 909-921, July.
- N. Meinshausen & B. M. Hambly, 2004. "Monte Carlo Methods For The Valuation Of Multiple-Exercise Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 557-583.
- Christian Bender, 2011. "Dual pricing of multi-exercise options under volume constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 1-26, January.
- René Carmona & Nizar Touzi, 2008. "Optimal Multiple Stopping And Valuation Of Swing Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 239-268.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.