Local Volatility Pricing Models for Long-dated FX Derivatives
AbstractWe study the local volatility function in the Foreign Exchange market where both domestic and foreign interest rates are stochastic. This model is suitable to price long-dated FX derivatives. We derive the local volatility function and obtain several results that can be used for the calibration of this local volatility on the FX option's market. Then, we study an extension to obtain a more general volatility model and propose a calibration method for the local volatility associated to this model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1204.0633.
Date of creation: Apr 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Other versions of this item:
- Griselda Deelstra & Grégory Rayée, 2013. "Local Volatility Pricing Models for Long-Dated FX Derivatives," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 380-402, September.
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-10 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fr\'ed\'eric Bossens & Gr\'egory Ray\'ee & Nikos S. Skantzos & Griselda Deelstra, 2009.
"Vanna-Volga methods applied to FX derivatives : from theory to market practice,"
0904.1074, arXiv.org, revised May 2010.
- Frédéric Bossens & Grégory Rayée & Nikos S. Skantzos & Griselda Deelstra, 2010. "Vanna-Volga Methods Applied To Fx Derivatives: From Theory To Market Practice," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(08), pages 1293-1324.
- Rehez Ahlip, 2008. "Foreign Exchange Options Under Stochastic Volatility And Stochastic Interest Rates," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(03), pages 277-294.
- Alexander van Haastrecht & Antoon Pelsser, 2011. "Generic pricing of FX, inflation and stock options under stochastic interest rates and stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 665-691.
- Lech A. Grzelak & Cornelis W. Oosterlee, 2012.
"On Cross-Currency Models with Stochastic Volatility and Correlated Interest Rates,"
Applied Mathematical Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 1-35, February.
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2010. "On cross-currency models with stochastic volatility and correlated interest rates," MPRA Paper 23020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1993. "One-Factor Interest-Rate Models and the Valuation of Interest-Rate Derivative Securities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 235-254, June.
- Deelstra, Griselda & Rayée, Grégory, 2013.
"Pricing Variable Annuity Guarantees in a local volatility framework,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 650-663.
- Griselda Deelstra & Gr\'egory Ray\'ee, 2012. "Pricing Variable Annuity Guarantees in a Local Volatility framework," Papers 1204.0453, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2012.
- Alessandro Gnoatto & Martino Grasselli, 2013. "An analytic multi-currency model with stochastic volatility and stochastic interest rates," Papers 1302.7246, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.