On Cross-Currency Models with Stochastic Volatility and Correlated Interest Rates
AbstractWe construct multi-currency models with stochastic volatility (SV) and correlated stochastic interest rates with a full matrix of correlations. We first deal with a foreign exchange (FX) model of Heston-type, in which the domestic and foreign interest rates are generated by the short-rate process of Hull--White (Hull, J. and White, A.  Pricing interest-rate derivative securities, Review of Financial Studies , 3, pp. 573--592). We then extend the framework by modelling the interest rate by an SV displaced-diffusion (DD) Libor Market Model (Andersen, L. B. G. and Andreasen, J.  Volatility skews and extensions of the libor market model, Applied Mathematics Finance , 1, pp. 1--32), which can model an interest rate smile. We provide semi-closed form approximations which lead to efficient calibration of the multi-currency models. Finally, we add a correlated stock to the framework and discuss the construction, model calibration and pricing of equity--FX--interest rate hybrid pay-offs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Mathematical Finance.
Volume (Year): 19 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20
Other versions of this item:
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2010. "On cross-currency models with stochastic volatility and correlated interest rates," MPRA Paper 23020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kohta Takehara, 2008. "Fourier Transform Method With An Asymptotic Expansion Approach: An Application To Currency Options," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(04), pages 381-401.
- Rudiger Frey & Daniel Sommer, 1996. "A systematic approach to pricing and hedging international derivatives with interest rate risk: analysis of international derivatives under stochastic interest rates," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 295-317.
- Erik Schlögl, 1999.
"A Multicurrency Extension of the Lognormal Interest Rate Market Models,"
Research Paper Series
20, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Erik Schlögl, 2002. "A multicurrency extension of the lognormal interest rate Market Models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 173-196.
- Fang, Fang & Oosterlee, Kees, 2008.
"A Novel Pricing Method For European Options Based On Fourier-Cosine Series Expansions,"
9319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fang, Fang & Oosterlee, Kees, 2008. "A Novel Pricing Method For European Options Based On Fourier-Cosine Series Expansions," MPRA Paper 7700, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander van Haastrecht & Antoon Pelsser, 2011. "Generic pricing of FX, inflation and stock options under stochastic interest rates and stochastic volatility," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 665-691.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Mark H. A. Davis & Vicente Mataix-Pastor, 2009. "Arbitrage-Free Interpolation Of The Swap Curve," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(07), pages 969-1005.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-92.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2010. "An Equity-Interest Rate Hybrid Model With Stochastic Volatility and the Interest Rate Smile," MPRA Paper 20574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2009. "On The Heston Model with Stochastic Interest Rates," MPRA Paper 20620, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Jan 2010.
- Anatoliy Swishchuk & Maksym Tertychnyi & Robert Elliott, 2014. "Pricing Currency Derivatives with Markov-modulated Levy Dynamics," Papers 1402.1953, arXiv.org.
- Singor, Stefan N. & Grzelak, Lech A. & van Bragt, David D.B. & Oosterlee, Cornelis W., 2013. "Pricing inflation products with stochastic volatility and stochastic interest rates," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 286-299.
- Alessandro Gnoatto & Martino Grasselli, 2013. "An analytic multi-currency model with stochastic volatility and stochastic interest rates," Papers 1302.7246, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2013.
- Griselda Deelstra & Gr\'egory Ray\'ee, 2012.
"Local Volatility Pricing Models for Long-dated FX Derivatives,"
- Griselda Deelstra & Grégory Rayée, 2013. "Local Volatility Pricing Models for Long-Dated FX Derivatives," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 380-402, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.