Fundamental theorems of asset pricing for piecewise semimartingales of stochastic dimension
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is two-fold. First is to extend the notions of an n-dimensional semimartingale and its stochastic integral to a piecewise semimartingale of stochastic dimension. The properties of the former carry over largely intact to the latter, avoiding some of the pitfalls of infinite-dimensional stochastic integration. Second is to extend two fundamental theorems of asset pricing (FTAPs): the equivalence of no free lunch with vanishing risk to the existence of an equivalent sigma-martingale measure for the price process, and the equivalence of no arbitrage of the first kind to the existence of an equivalent local martingale deflator for the set of nonnegative wealth processes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1112.5340.
Date of creation: Dec 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eckhard Platen, 2006.
"A Benchmark Approach To Finance,"
Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 131-151.
- Eckhard Platen, 2004. "A Benchmark Approach to Finance," Research Paper Series, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney 138, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Winslow Strong & Jean-Pierre Fouque, 2010.
"Diversity and Arbitrage in a Regulatory Breakup Model,"
1003.5650, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2010.
- Winslow Strong & Jean-Pierre Fouque, 2011. "Diversity and arbitrage in a regulatory breakup model," Annals of Finance, Springer, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 349-374, August.
- Alejandro Balbas & Anna Downarowicz, 2004. "Infinitely many securities and the fundamental theorem of asset pricing," Business Economics Working Papers, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de EconomÃa de la Empresa wb043513, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Y.M. Kabanov & D.O. Kramkov, 1998. "Asymptotic arbitrage in large financial markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 143-172.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.