Evolution of poverty in Bolivia: a multidementional approach
AbstractThis document constructs a multidimentional measure of poverty for Bolivia based on the new 2008 constitution's fundamental rights, which can be measured in surveys; it also documents the changes in poverty observed in the last decade, in a multidimensional approach. Particulary, we extend the analysis made by Hernani Limarino (2010) on the evolution of poverty in monetary dimensions with a complementary analysis of five other non-monetary dimentions: access to education, short term social security (health), long term social security (pensions), housing and basic household services. The Analysis shows that non-monetary poverty has remained in high levels, and quite elusive despite the reduction in poverty according to monetary measures has decreased.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Fundación Aru in its series Working Papers with number 01/2012.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.aru.org.bo/
Bolivia; Multidimensional Poverty.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- I39 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2012-05-08 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAM-2012-05-08 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LTV-2012-05-08 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Evolution of poverty in Bolivia: a multidementional approach
by Maximo Rossi in Wikiprogress América Latina on 2012-05-11 16:36:00
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Efrain Candia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.