Investigating New Technology Based Firm (NTBF) internationalization: The impact on performance, the process and the antecedents
AbstractWhile researchers have extensively studied the born global and international new venture phenomena, the related field of NTBF internationalization has been left untouched, giving rise to an investigation aimed at filling this gap in the international business literature. The investigation covers the impact that internationalization has on performance, the process of internationalization and the antecedents of successful internationalization. Being conceptual in nature, this paper lays the theoretical foundation for future empirical research on NTBF internationalization. The theory development is based on an analysis of several factors, including organizational and environmental characteristics, founders, financing, ownership and network ties of NTBFs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2007005.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Prinsstraat 13, B-2000 Antwerpen
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
New Technology Based Firm (NTBF); Internationalization; Founders; Financing;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-10-20 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2007-10-20 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2007-10-20 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2007-10-20 (Innovation)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard W Wright & David A Ricks, 1994. "Trends in International Business Research: Twenty-Five Years Later," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(4), pages 687-701, December.
- Saarenketo, Sami & Puumalainen, Kaisu & Kuivalainen, Olli & Kylaheiko, Kalevi, 2004. "Dynamic knowledge-related learning processes in internationalizing high-tech SMEs," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 363-378, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.