A Censored System Estimation Of Hispanic Household Food Consumption Patterns
AbstractA system of nine censored Engel curve equations was estimated for Hispanic households in the U.S.: grains, vegetables, fruits, milk, meat, legumes, fats, sugar, and beverages. Income and household size elasticities, with their respective confidence intervals, are reported and the results compared with other ethnic groups in the U.S.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics in its series Faculty Series with number 16720.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602
Phone: (706) 542-2481
Fax: (706) 542-0739
Web page: http://www.caes.uga.edu/departments/agecon/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leung, Siu Fai & Yu, Shihti, 1996.
"On the choice between sample selection and two-part models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 197-229.
- Leung, S.F. & Yu, S., 1992. "On the Choice Between Sample Selection and Two-Part Models," RCER Working Papers 337, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Heien, Dale & Wessells, Cathy Roheim, 1990. "Demand Systems Estimation with Microdata: A Censored Regression Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 365-71, July.
- Holcomb, Rodney B. & Park, John L. & Capps, Oral, Jr., 1995. "Revisiting Engel'S Law: Examining Expenditure Patterns For Food At Home And Away From Home," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 26(2), September.
- Federico Perali & Jean-Paul Chavas, 2000. "Estimation of Censored Demand Equations from Large Cross-Section Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1022-1037.
- J. Scott Shonkwiler & Steven T. Yen, 1999. "Two-Step Estimation of a Censored System of Equations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 972-982.
- Lanfranco, Bruno A. & Ames, Glenn C.W. & Huang, Chung L., 2000. "Food Expenditure Patterns Of The Hispanic Population In The U.S," Faculty Series 16718, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- John L. Park & Rodney B. Holcomb & Kellie Curry Raper & Oral Capps, 1996. "A Demand Systems Analysis of Food Commodities by U.S. Households Segmented by Income," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 290-300.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Dorfman, Jeffrey & Sexton, Richard, 1990. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticities and Flexibilities: Re-Evaluating the Ratios of Normals Case," Staff General Research Papers 1582, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lanfranco, Bruno A. & Ames, Glenn C.W. & Huang, Chung L., 2002. "Comparisons Of Hispanic Households' Demand For Meats With Other Ethnic Groups," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 33(01), March.
- Lanfranco, Bruno A. & Ames, Glenn C.W. & Huang, Chung L., 2001. "Comparisons Of Hispanic Households' Demand For Meat With Other Ethnic Groups," Faculty Series 16710, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Stegelin, Forrest E., 2002. "Demand For Meats: A Comparison Of Ethnic Groups," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 33(01), March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.