Assessing The Efficiency Of Exchange Rate-Linked Subsidies For Non-Price Export Promotion: The Case Of Cotton
AbstractNotwithstanding substantial federal financial support for the export promotion of agricultural products, ways to improve the efficiency of federal funding have not been discussed in empirical research. In this study, an equilibrium displacement framework was developed to evaluate whether the efficiency of export promotion expenditures could be increased by linking them with changes in the exchange rate. In our analysis, the gross gain to domestic cotton producers from the exchange-rate linked subsidy scheme was positive. Findings support exchange-rate linked subsidies for export promotion of agricultural products.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics in its series Faculty Series with number 16658.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602
Phone: (706) 542-2481
Fax: (706) 542-0739
Web page: http://www.caes.uga.edu/departments/agecon/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- I.M. Onunkwo & J.E. Epperson, 2000. "Export demand for U.S. pecans: Impacts of U.S. export promotion programs," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 253-265.
- Onunkwo, Izuchukwu M. & Epperson, James E., 1999. "Export Demand For U.S. Pecans: Impacts Of U.S. Export Promotion," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21686, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Comeau, Allison & Mittelhammer, Ronald C. & Wahl, Thomas I., 1997. "Assessing The Effectiveness Of Mpp And Tea Advertising And Promotion Efforts In The Japanese Market For Meats," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 28(2), July.
- Halliburton, Karen & Henneberry, Shida Rastegari, 1995. "The Effectiveness Of U.S. Nonprice Promotion Of Almonds In The Pacific Rim," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- Solomon, H. & Kinnucan, Henry W., 1993.
"Effects Of Non-Price Export Promotion: Some Evidence For Cotton,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(01), April.
- H. Solomon & Henry W. Kinnucan, 1993. "Effects Of Non‐Price Export Promotion: Some Evidence For Cotton," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(1), pages 1-15, 04.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.