Measuring the Impacts of US Export Promotion Program for Wheat in Selected Importing Regions
AbstractWe examine the impacts of major factors affecting the export demand of wheat with a special focus on the impacts of export promotion programs on US wheat. Study results show negative impacts of own-price and real exchange rate on export demand of wheat, while the real GDP, price of corn, and export promotion expenditure had positive and significant impacts. The per dollar returns to wheat export promotion expenditures were $1.49, $0.42, and $2.01 for Middle East, Pacific Rim, and Mexico, respectively.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama with number 35161.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnade, Carlos A. & Davison, Cecil W., 1989. "Testing For Aggregation And Simultaneous Bias In U.S. Soybean Export Equations," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
- Onunkwo, Izuchukwu M. & Epperson, James E., 1999. "Export Demand For U.S. Pecans: Impacts Of U.S. Export Promotion," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21686, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- H. Solomon & Henry W. Kinnucan, 1993.
"Effects Of Non‐Price Export Promotion: Some Evidence For Cotton,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(1), pages 1-15, 04.
- Solomon, H. & Kinnucan, Henry W., 1993. "Effects Of Non-Price Export Promotion: Some Evidence For Cotton," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(01), April.
- Onunkwo, Izuchukwu M. & Epperson, James E., 2000. "Export Demand For U.S. Walnuts: Impacts Of U.S. Export Promotion Programs," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 31(03), November.
- Nancy D. Ruggles, 1974. "The Role Of The Computer In Economic And Social Research in Latin America," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number rugg74-1.
- C. P. Rosson & M. D. Hammig & J. W. Jones, 1986. "Foreign market promotion programs: An analysis of promotion response for apples, poultry, and tobacco," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(1), pages 33-42.
- I.M. Onunkwo & J.E. Epperson, 2000. "Export demand for U.S. pecans: Impacts of U.S. export promotion programs," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 253-265.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.