Mexican Agricultural and Food Export Competitiveness
AbstractThis report analyzes the export performance of the Mexican agricultural and food sector in recent years with a particular emphasis on the changing competitiveness of those exports in the U.S. and world markets. The report includes an examination of the general trends in Mexican agricultural and food exports, an analysis of the international competitiveness of the major subgroups of Mexican agriculture based on the Revealed Comparative Advantage methodology, an assessment of the competitiveness of Mexican exports of specific agricultural and food products to the United States, a consideration of the effectiveness of Mexico’s agricultural and food export market diversification efforts, a discussion of the main factors likely to affect the long-term competitiveness of Mexican agriculture, and policy recommendations for enhancing the competitiveness of Mexican agricultural and food exports.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Texas A&M University, Agribusiness, Food, and Consumer Economics Research Center in its series Reports with number 90778.
Date of creation: Feb 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 450 Blocker Building, 2124 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-2124
Phone: (979) 845-5913
Fax: (979) 845-3140
Web page: http://afcerc.tamu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Mexican; Exports; Food Export; Mexican Food; Competitiveness; International Development; International Relations/Trade;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan Barkema & Mark Drabenstott, 1996. "The U.S. farm export boom: how will it be shaped by global infrastructure?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 77-91.
- Cook, Roberta L. & Calvin, Linda, 2005. "Greenhouse Tomatoes Change the Dynamics of the North American Fresh Tomato Industry," Economic Research Report 7244, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Zahniser, Steven, 2004. "Integration of North American Agriculture," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, June.
- Malaga, Jaime E. & Williams, Gary W. & Fuller, Stephen W., 2001. "US-Mexico fresh vegetable trade: the effects of trade liberalization and economic growth," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 45-55, October.
- Orden, David, 2004. "Mexico-U.S. Avocado Trade Expansion," Keeping the Borders Open; Proceedings of the 8th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop - 2002 16916, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Loyns, R.M.A. & Meilke, Karl D. & Knutson, Ronald D. & Yunez-Naude, Antonio, 2001. "Background And Purpose Of The Workshop: "Trade Liberalization Under Nafta - Report Card On Agriculture"," Trade Liberalization Under NAFTA: Report Card on Agriculture; Proceedings of the 6th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop -2000 16824, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Janvry, Alain de & Davis, Benjamin, 2001. "Cash Transfer Programs with Income Multipliers: PROCAMPO in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1043-1056, June.
- Grennes, Thomas J. & Estrada, Julio Hernandez & Krissoff, Barry & Matus Gardea, Jaime Arturo & Sharples, Jerry A. & Valdes, Constanza, 1991. "An Analysis Of A United States-Canada-Mexico Free Trade Agreement," Commissioned Papers 14616, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Green, Tina & Hanson, Lynne & Lee, Ling & Fanghanel, Hector & Zahniser, Steven, 2005. "North American Approaches to Regulatory Coordination," North American Agrifood Market Integration Workshop II: Agrifood Regulatory and Policy Integration under Stress, May 2005, San Antonio, Texas 17995, Farm Foundation.
- Heath, John Richard, 1990. "Enhancing the contribution of land reform to Mexican agricultural development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 285, The World Bank.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M., 1999. "The Economic Value Of Public Relations Expenditures: Food Safety And The Strawberry Case," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Green, Tina & Hanson, Lynne & Lee, Ling & Fanghanel, Hector & Zahniser, Steven, 2005. "North American Approaches to Regulatory Coordination," 2005 NAAMIC Workshop II: Agrifood Regulatory and Policy Integration under Stress 163862, North American Agrifood Market Integration Consortium (NAAMIC).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.