An Analysis Of Producers' Opinions On Mandatory Labeling Of Gm Products
AbstractThis study evaluates producers' perceptions on mandatory labeling of GM food products. The analysis is based on a sample of 1,887 farmers in 10 southern states who claimed to be "somewhat knowledgeable" about biotechnology. A logistic regression model was employed to isolate characteristics of farmers assumed to influence their opinions on mandatory labeling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2004 Annual Meeting, February 14-18, 2004, Tulsa, Oklahoma with number 34624.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-46, September.
- Thompson, Paul B., 1996. "Food Labels and the Ethics of Consent," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 11(1).
- Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 1996. "Determinants Of Consumers' Use Of Nutritional Information On Food Packages," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), December.
- Golan, Elise H. & Kuchler, Fred & Mitchell, Lorraine, 2000. "Economics Of Food Labeling," Agricultural Economics Reports 34069, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Lusk, Jayson L. & Fox, John A., 2002. "Consumer Demand For Mandatory Labeling Of Beef From Cattle Administered Growth Hormones Or Fed Genetically Modified Corn," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(01), April.
- Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 1999. "Toward An Understanding Of Consumers' Perceptions Of Food Labels," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 2(01).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.