Documentation of a Dynamic and Simultaneous Econometric Model of the U.S. Dairy Industry
AbstractThe objective of this report is to publish a monthly forecasting tool of the U.S. dairy industry. This model forecasts the milk supply as well as the supply and demand for American cheese, Other cheese, butter, nonfat dry milk, and dry whey. Trade is presently exogenous to the model, but can be endogenized at a later date. The principal use of the model will be for forecasting purposes, thus we settled on a monthly frequency for the data. We delve into the complexities of the U.S. dairy industry using rich data sources. Our objective is clearly focused on developing an initial forecasting tool.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Pennsylvania State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology in its series Staff Paper Series with number 48653.
Date of creation: Mar 2009
Date of revision:
Econometric model; U.S. Dairy Industry; Forecasting Model; Agribusiness; Marketing;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-05-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2009-05-02 (Forecasting)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Liu, Donald J. & Kaiser, Harry M. & Mount, Timothy D. & Forker, Olan D., 1990.
"Modeling the U.S. Dairy Sector with Government Intervention,"
121543, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Liu, Donald J. & Kaiser, Harry M. & Mount, Timothy D. & Forker, Olan D., 1991. "Modeling The U.S. Dairy Sector With Government Intervention," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(02), December.
- Liu, Donald J. & Sun, Chin-Hwa & Kaiser, Harry M., 1995. "Market Conduct Under Government Price Intervention In The U.S. Dairy Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(02), December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.