Modeling The U.S. Dairy Sector With Government Intervention
AbstractAn econometric framework for estimating a two-regime dairy structural system is presented. Failure to account for switching between regimes due to government price intervention raises the problem of selectivity bias. Further, since a structural system of equations is involved, the problem is not limited to the market associated with the intervention. Rather, bias from a single source can distort all equations in the system. The ramifications of not correcting for the bias in policy analyses are investigated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Western Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (1991)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Agricultural and Food Policy; Industrial Organization;
Other versions of this item:
- Liu, Donald J. & Kaiser, Harry M. & Mount, Timothy D. & Forker, Olan D., 1990. "Modeling the U.S. Dairy Sector with Government Intervention," Staff Papers 121543, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Harry D. Gorter, 1985. "Regulation in a Dynamic Market: The U.S. Dairy Industry," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series archive-34, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Bailey, Kenneth W., 2000. "Evaluating The Economic Impacts Of Regional Milk Pricing Authorities: The Case Of Dairy Compacts," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 29(2), October.
- Bailey, Kenneth W., 2009. "Documentation of a Dynamic and Simultaneous Econometric Model of the U.S. Dairy Industry," Staff Paper Series 48653, Pennsylvania State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology.
- Kaiser, Harry M. & Forker, Olan D., 1993. "Analysis Of Generi<; Dairy Advertising Scenarios On Retail, Wholesale, And Farm Milk Markets," Research Bulletins 123010, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Kaiser, Harry M., 1995. "An Analysis of Generic Dairy Promotion in the United States," Research Bulletins 122997, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.