How can marketing theory be applied to policy design to deliver on sustainable agriculture in England?
AbstractMarketing theory was applied to develop a qualitative tool to predict levels of compliance based on involvement with the issue (policy objective) and involvement with the intervention (regulation). Based on an understanding farmer decision-making, the I3 Response Framework can help identify strategies that can strongly influence compliance, providing more efficient targeting of resources for policy. We report on further testing by application to the issue of water quality and the regulations around slurry storage as part of the Nitrate Pollution Prevention Regulations 2008 as applicable to dairy farmers in the Derwent catchment of North Yorkshire, England
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Agricultural Economics Society in its series 83rd Annual Conference, March 30-April 1, 2009, Dublin, Ireland with number 50934.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Policy; I3 Response Framework; involvement; water quality; slurry storage; Nitrogen Vulnerable Zone; regulation; Nitrate Pollution Prevention Regulations 2008; NPPR2008; Agricultural and Food Policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-08-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2009-08-16 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2009-08-16 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlo Fezzi & Dan Rigby & Ian J. Bateman & David Hadley & Paulette Posen, 2008. "Estimating the range of economic impacts on farms of nutrient leaching reduction policies," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(2), pages 197-205, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.