Report NEP-PBE-2006-09-16This is the archive for NEP-PBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Economics. Peren Arin issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Grossmann, Volker & Poutvaara, Panu, 2006. "Pareto-Improving Bequest Taxation," IZA Discussion Papers 2277, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- António Afonso, 2006. "Expansionary fiscal consolidations in Europe: new evidence," Working Papers 2006/18, Department of Economics at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon..
- Gurgel, Angelo & Metcalf, Gilbert & Reilly, John, 2006. "Comparing Tax Rates Using OECD and GTAP6 Data," GTAP Research Memoranda 2118, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Todd M. Nesbit, 2005. "The Revenue Impacts of Cross-border Sales and Tourism: Wine and Liquor Taxation," Working Papers 05-12 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Blanco, Fernando & Herrera, Santiago, 2006. "The quality of fiscal adjustment and the long-run growth impact of fiscal policy in Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4004, The World Bank.
- Eytan Sheshinski, 2006. "Optimum Commodity Taxation in Pooling Equilibri," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000370, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Todd M. Nesbit, 2005. "Excise Taxation and Product Quality: The Gasoline Market," Working Papers 05-11 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Nuno Venes, 2006. "Political and Institutional Determinants of the Cyclicality of Fiscal Policy: Evidence from the OECD and Latin America," Working Papers 2006/19, Department of Economics at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon..
- Andrew B. Bernard & J. Bradford Jensen & Peter K. Schott, 2006. "Transfer Pricing by U.S.-Based Multinational Firms," NBER Working Papers 12493, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & Joon Song, 2006. "Correlated Equilibrium and the Pricing of Public Goods," Economics Discussion Papers 616, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Hunt, Jennifer, 2006. "How Corruption Hits People When They Are Down," IZA Discussion Papers 2278, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Howard Kunreuther & Mark Pauly, 2006. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: Lessons from Hurricane Katrina," NBER Working Papers 12503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Habyarimana, James P. & Humphreys, Macartan & Posner, Daniel N. & Weinstein, Jeremy, 2006. "Why Does Ethnic Diversity Undermine Public Goods Provision? An Experimental Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 2272, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas A. Garrett & Gary A. Wagner, 2007. "Red ink in the rearview mirror: local fiscal conditions and the issuance of traffic tickets," Working Papers 2006-048, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Priyanka Anand & Alejandra Mizala & Andrea Repetto, 2006. "Using School Scholarships to Estimate the Effect of Government Subsidized Private Education on Academic Achievement in Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 220, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Philip J. Cook & Robert MacCoun & Clara Muschkin & Jacob Vigdor, 2006. "Should Sixth Grade be in Elementary or Middle School? An Analysis of Grade Configuration and Student Behavior," NBER Working Papers 12471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Theodore M. Crone, 2006. "Capitalization of the quality of local public schools: what do home buyers value?," Working Papers 06-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Nathan J. Ashby, 2005. "Property Rights, Trade, And The Quality Of Life: A Cross-Sectional Analysis Using Alternative Measures," Working Papers 05-14 Classification- JEL, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.