Report NEP-EDU-2011-05-30This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Donze, Jocelyn & Gunnes, Trude, 2011. "Should Economists Listen to Educational Psychologists? : Some Economics of Student Motivation," MPRA Paper 31059, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Collier & Javier Valbuena & Yu Zhu, 2011. "What Determines Post-Compulsory Educational Choice? Evidence from the Longitudinal Survey of Young People in England," Studies in Economics 1112, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Meghir, Costas & Palme, Mårten & Schnabel, Marieke, 2011. "The Effect of Education Policy on Crime: An Intergenerational Perspective," Research Papers in Economics 2011:23, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Azam, Mehtabul & Kingdon, Geeta, 2011. "Are Girls the Fairer Sex in India? Revisiting Intra-Household Allocation of Education Expenditure," IZA Discussion Papers 5706, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Álvaro Choi & Jorge Calero & Josep-Oriol Escardíbul, 2011. "Hell to touch the sky? Private tutoring and academic achievement in Korea," Working Papers 2011/10, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Gerald Eisenkopf & Ansgar Wohlschlegel, 2011. "Regulation in the Market for Education and Optimal Choice of Curriculum," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-16, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Nordin, Martin & Rooth , Dan-Olof, 2011. "Increasing Returns to Schooling by Ability? A Comparison Between the US and Sweden," Working Papers 2011:17, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Mazza, Jacopo & Hartog, Joop, 2011. "Do They Understand the Benefits from Education? Evidence on Dutch High School Students’ Earnings Expectations," IZA Discussion Papers 5714, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephen Machin & James Vernoit, 2011. "Changing School Autonomy: Academy Schools and their Introduction to England's Education," CEE Discussion Papers 0123, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Alina Botezat & Ruben R. Seiberlich, 2011. "How Far is the East? Educational Performance in Eastern Europe," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-15, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Denzler, Stefan & Wolter, Stefan C., 2011. "Too Far to Go? Does Distance Determine Study Choices?," IZA Discussion Papers 5712, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alam, Andaleeb & Baez, Javier E. & V. Del Carpio, Ximena, 2011. "Does cash for school influence young women's behavior in the longer term ? evidence from Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5669, The World Bank.
- Mueller, Steffen, 2011. "Teacher experience and the class size effect - experimental evidence," IWQW Discussion Paper Series 07/2011, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Institut für Wirtschaftspolitik und Quantitative Wirtschaftsforschung (IWQW).
- Alam, Andaleeb & Baez, Javier E. & Del Carpio, Ximena, 2011. "Does Cash for School Influence Young Women's Behavior in the Longer Term? Evidence from Pakistan," IZA Discussion Papers 5703, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Julius Agbor, 2011. "Does School Education Reduce the Likelihood of Societal Conflict in Africa?," Working Papers 218, Economic Research Southern Africa.