Debt Problems and the World Macroeconomy
In: Developing Country Debt and the World Economy
AbstractThis paper investigates the role of interest rates, commodity prices, growth in bringing the debt crisis about and how they facilitated or made more difficult the first five years of adjustment. We also ask whether and how the world macroeconomy is likely to contribute to the solution of the debt problem in the next five years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 7535.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 1994.
"Interest rates, official lending, and the debt crisis: A reassessment,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 263-285, August.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 1992. "Interest rates, official lending, and the debt crisis : a reassessment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 932, The World Bank.
- Gustavo Garcia Osio & Rafael Rodriguez Balza & Luis Marcano & Ricardo Penfold & Gustavo Sanchez, 1998. "La sostenibilidad de la política fiscal en el América Latina: El caso de Venezuela," Research Department Publications 3016, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alberto Alesina & Guido Tabellini, 1988.
"External Debt, Capital Flight and Political Risk,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
538, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Tabellini, Guido & Alesina, Alberto, 1989. "External Debt, Capital Flight and Political Risk," Scholarly Articles 4553019, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Guido Tabellini, 1988. "External Debt, Capital Flight and Political Risk," NBER Working Papers 2610, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Tabellini, Guido, 1988. "External Debt, Capital Flight and Political Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 253, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas, Vinod, 1988. "Issues in adjustment lending," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2, The World Bank.
- Jorge Fernández Ruiz, 2002. "Optimal financial contracting and debt maturity structure under adverse selection," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 17(1), pages 37-65.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.