Numerical solution of dynamic economic models
In: Handbook of Macroeconomics
AbstractThis chapter is concerned with numerical simulation of dynamic economic models. We focus on some basic algorithms and assess their accuracy and stability properties. This analysis is useful for an optimal implementation and testing of these procedures, as well as to evaluate their performance. Several examples are provided in order to illustrate the functioning and efficiency of these algorithms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of Macroeconomics with number 1-05.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aruoba, S. Boragan & Fernandez-Villaverde, Jesus & Rubio-Ramirez, Juan F., 2006.
"Comparing solution methods for dynamic equilibrium economies,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2477-2508, December.
- S. B. Aruoba & Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez, 2005. "Comparing Solution Methods for Dynamic Equilibrium Economies," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000855, UCLA Department of Economics.
- S. Boragan Aruoba & Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan Francisco Rubio-Ramirez, 2003. "Comparing solution methods for dynamic equilibrium economies," Working Paper 2003-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- S. Boragan Aruoba & Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez, 2003. "Comparing Solution Methods for Dynamic Equilibrium Economies," PIER Working Paper Archive 04-003, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jorge Aseff & Manuel Santos, 2005.
"Stock options and managerial optimal contracts,"
Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 813-837, November.
- Yu Chen & Thomas Cosimano & Alex Himonas, 2010. "Continuous time one-dimensional asset-pricing models with analytic price–dividend functions," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 461-503, March.
- Kenneth Judd & Lilia Maliar & Serguei Maliar, 2009.
"Numerically Stable Stochastic Simulation Approaches for Solving Dynamic Economic Models,"
NBER Working Papers
15296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Serguei Maliar & Lilia Maliar & Kenneth Judd, 2010. "Numerically Stable Stochastic Simulation Approaches for Solving Dynamic Economic Models," 2010 Meeting Papers 280, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Joël Blot & Bertrand Crettez, 2004. "On the smoothness of optimal paths," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 1-34, 08.
- Barillas, Francisco & Fernandez-Villaverde, Jesus, 2007.
"A generalization of the endogenous grid method,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2698-2712, August.
- Esteban Bravo, Mercedes & Vidal-Sanz, Jose M., 2007.
"Computing continuous-time growth models with boundary conditions via wavelets,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/7345, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Esteban-Bravo, Mercedes & Vidal-Sanz, Jose M., 2007. "Computing continuous-time growth models with boundary conditions via wavelets," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 3614-3643, November.
- Mercedes Esteban-Bravo & Jose M. Vidal-Sanz, 2004. "Computing Continuous-Time Growth Models With Boundary Conditions Via Wavelets," Business Economics Working Papers wb045619, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Santos, Manuel S., 2004. "Simulation-based estimation of dynamic models with continuous equilibrium solutions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 465-491, June.
- Manuel Santos & John Rust, . "Convergence Properties of Policy Iteration," Working Papers 2133377, Department of Economics, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- Manuel S. Santos, 2003. "Simulation-Based Estimation Of Dynamic Models With Continuous Equilibrium Solutions," Economics Working Papers we034716, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Olson, Lars J. & Roy, Santanu, 2005. "Theory of Stochastic Optimal Economic Growth," Working Papers 28601, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Chen, Yu & Cosimano, Thomas F. & Himonas, Alex A., 2008. "Analytic solving of asset pricing models: The by force of habit case," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 3631-3660, November.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.