Immigrants and Their Schooling
AbstractThis chapter deals with several salient issues about immigrants to the US and their education. These issues include a comparison of the schooling accomplishments of immigrants compared to the native-born both contemporaneously as well as over time. These comparisons emphasize the considerable diversity in the schooling accomplishments among different immigrant sub-groups and between legal and undocumented migrants. Finally, the recent literature suggests than any concern that educational generational progress among Latino immigrants has lagged behind other immigrant groups is largely unfounded.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of the Economics of Education with number 1-04.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780444513991
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Gataullina, Liliya & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2009.
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 274-287, March.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Gataullina, Liliya & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2006. "Ethnosizing Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 2040, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Amelie Constant & Liliya Gataullina & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2006. "Ethnosizing Immigrants," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 567, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Constant, Amelie & Gataullina, Liliya & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2006. "Ethnosizing Immigrants," CEPR Discussion Papers 5636, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.