Productivity, Inequality, and the Digital Economy: A Transatlantic Perspective
AbstractThe widespread diffusion of information and communication technologies (ICT) has had controversial, seemingly paradoxical consequences. ICT are viewed as driving growth and employment in the United States, while contributing to European unemployment and the so-called Eurosclerosis. At the same time, both the United States and Europe have seen increased wage inequalities between skilled and unskilled workers. This book explores the computer's puzzling effects on the economy, at both the micro and macro levels. The contributions include data from field work, small samples of firms, and national surveys of management practice; econometric studies; and macroeconomic theoretical analysis.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The MIT Press in its series MIT Press Books with number 0262072335 and published in 2002.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu
productivity; inequality; digital economy; management practice;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O3 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2011.
"The impact of R&D on employment in Europe: A firm-level analysis,"
DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali
dises1176, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Francesco Bogliacino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2011. "The impact of R&D on employment in Europe: a firm-level analysis," Working Papers 2011/20, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Piva, Mariacristina & Vivarelli, Marco, 2011. "R&D and Employment: Some Evidence from European Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 5908, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francesco Bogliacino & Matteo Lucchese & Mario Pianta, 2011.
"Job creation in business services: innovation, demand, polarisation,"
JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation
2011-04, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Matteo Lucchese & Mario Pianta, 2011. "Job creation in business services:Innovation, Demand, Polarisation," Working Papers 1107, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Furbush).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.