Management stratégique des organisations du commerce équitable à partir des concepts de développement durable et de responsabilité sociale
AbstractOur work is part of a research program on the renewal of the discipline of strategic management. The concepts of sustainable development and corporate social responsibility would allow this regeneration. We particularly explore the case of fair trade organizations. The fair trade is indeed included in the sustainable development either by the will of the actors of the movement (FINE’s declaration 2001, AFNOR agreement 2006), or through an institutional framework (article 60 Loi PME 2005). We critically question the extent to which fair trade organizations integrate and contribute to sustainable development. Our research method is based on an exploratory approach and a qualitative research case study. 47 interviews were notably conducted with organizations and stakeholders of the fair trade french community. We demonstrate that radical models of fair trade are the vectors that enable organizations to integrate sustainable development into their strategic management. We also characterize the corporate social responsibility of fair trade organizations by deepening social, ecological, and economic obligations they support to contribute to sustainable development. Finally, we report the diversity of fair trade organizations’approaches to be part of sustainable development project through a configurational approach. These configurations are expressed through four archetypes : ethical organization, solidary organization, sustainable organization and social organization. We therefore conclude on the existence of several fair trades and on the emergence of a fourth age of the movement, the sustainable trade.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/9784 and published in 2012.
Strategic management of organizations; Sustainable development; Corporate social responsibility; Fair trade; Qualitative methods; Case study research; Management stratégique des organisations; Développement durable; Responsabilité sociale de l’organisation; Commerce équitable; Méthodes qualitatives; Etude de cas;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Walid Abdelgawad, 2003. "Le commerce équitable et la société civile internationale :. Une chance pour la mondialisation d'un droit de l'économie solidaire," Revue internationale de droit économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 197-232.
- ז'ק בנדלק, 2005. "חברות בקופת חולים 2004-2003," Working Papers 485, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- שולי בר ורבקה פריאור, 2005. "מקבלי דמי פגיעה בשנת 2004," Working Papers 429, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- אסתר טולידנו, 2005. "מקבלי דמי אבטלה בשנת 2004," Working Papers 536, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Andion, C. & Malo, M.-C., 1998. "La gestion des organisations de l'economie solidaire," Papers 9803, Quebec a Montreal - Departement de sociologie.
- מירי מונק, 2005. "העצמת נשים בדואיות בנגב," Working Papers 97, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.