CCR-DP model with dominated inflation function of inputs
AbstractIn standard input-oriented DEA it is assumed that the marginal productivity of inputs is constant. The efficiency changes can be achieved by proportional changes of all inputs. The author of the article considers decreasing marginal productivity of inputs and presents the appropriate modification of DEA models. The modification consists in adding the individual scale multipliers of inputs and individual scale multipliers of results. The author considers a function called dominated inflation function of inputs. It describes the input multipliers as an increasing convex function of by multipliers of results. Two examples of inflation function are suggested: linear-exponential and linear-power function. The appropriate efficiency rate is also presented. Numerical example includes a detailed analysis of efficiency changes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management in its journal Operations Research and Decisions.
Volume (Year): 4 (2008)
Issue (Month): ()
nonlinear DEA; decreasing productivity; scale multipliers of inputs;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Tofallis, C., 1996. "Improving discernment in DEA using profiling," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 361-364, June.
- Thanassoulis, E. & Dyson, R. G., 1992. "Estimating preferred target input-output levels using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 80-97, January.
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piotr Wawrzynowski).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.