Retail price response to quality characteristics of fresh peaches by store type
AbstractInformation concerning retail price response to quality characteristics is useful when evaluating where fruit with different levels of quality characteristics should be marketed. This article shows how price|quality relationships for produce vary between different types of retail outlets and explores several hypotheses explaining these differences. The results of the analysis confirm the hypothesis that prices at produce markets are more responsive to quality characteristics than prices as supermarkets. Independent markets are responsive to some quality characteristics, time of season, and location, while chain markets show little price response to quality characteristics. © 1993 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 9 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoy F. Carman & Enrique E. Figueroa, 1986. "An analysis of factors associated with weekly food store sales variation," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(3), pages 375-390.
- Edward Oczkowski, 1994.
"A Hedonic Price Function For Australian Premium Table Wine,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 38(1), pages 93-110, 04.
- Oczkowski, Edward A., 1994. "A Hedonic Price Function For Australian Premium Table Wine," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 38(01), April.
- Oczkowski, Edward A., 1993. "A Hedonic Price Function for Australian Premium Table Wine," 1993 Conference (37th), February 9-11, 1993, Sydney, Australia 147769, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Jabbar, M. A., 1998. "Buyer preferences for sheep and goats in southern Nigeria: A hedonic price analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 21-30, January.
- Jabbar, M. A. & Diedhiou, M. L., 2003. "Does breed matter to cattle farmers and buyers?: Evidence from West Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 461-472, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.