The role of collaborative partnerships in industry innovation: lessons from New Zealand's dairy sector
AbstractThis study analyzes patterns of collaboration in research and development (R&D) for innovation in New Zealand's dairy industry. Based on a survey of agents contributing to industry innovation, it analyzes existing formal and informal partnerships between R&D organizations and the productive sector and the funding schemes that support such partnerships. The findings suggest that New Zealand's dairy innovation system depends on the capacity of a small number of public and industry agents. Government and industry organizations support innovation initiatives through various funding schemes that do not explicitly foster collaboration, and mechanisms that support informal collaboration are underdeveloped. [EconLit citations: O32, Q13, Q16]. © 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 26 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hartwich, Frank & Gottret, Maria Veronica & Babu, Suresh Chandra & Tola, Jaime, 2007. "Building public–private partnerships for agricultural innovation in Latin America: Lessons from capacity strengthening," IFPRI discussion papers 699, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hagedoorn, John & Link, Albert N. & Vonortas, Nicholas S., 2000. "Research partnerships1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 567-586, April.
- Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent, 2002. "National systems of production, innovation and competence building," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-231, February.
- Christian Gianella & William Tompson, 2007. "Stimulating Innovation in Russia: The Role of Institutions and Policies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 539, OECD Publishing.
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Sorenson, Olav & Rivkin, Jan W. & Fleming, Lee, 2006. "Complexity, networks and knowledge flow," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 994-1017, September.
- Jensen, Morten Berg & Johnson, Bjorn & Lorenz, Edward & Lundvall, Bengt Ake, 2007. "Forms of knowledge and modes of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 680-693, June.
- Humphrey, John & Chen, Martha, 2004. "Upgrading in global value chains," ILO Working Papers 369852, International Labour Organization.
- Spackman, Michael, 2002. "Public-private partnerships: lessons from the British approach," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 283-301, September.
- Gibbon, Peter, 2001. "Upgrading Primary Production: A Global Commodity Chain Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 345-363, February.
- Ratinger, Tomas & Boskova, Iveta, 2013. "Innovations and Knowledge Transfer for the Food Supply Chain Sustainability: Challenges in the Czech Dairy Industry," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156130, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Klerkx, Laurens & Nettle, Ruth, 2013. "Achievements and challenges of innovation co-production support initiatives in the Australian and Dutch dairy sectors: A comparative study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 74-89.
- Bošková, Iveta & Ratinger, Tomáš, 2014. "Structure, Innovations and Performance of the Czech Dairy Value Chain," 140th Seminar, December 13-15, 2013, Perugia, Italy 163349, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.