Declining Income Inequality in Brazil: The Proud Outlier
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The World Bank in its journal Inequality in Focus.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
poverty; inequality; government transfers; Brazil; BRICS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gustavo A. Marrero & Juan G. Rodríguez, 2009.
"Inequality of Opportunity and Growth,"
- Atkinson, A B, 1997.
"Bringing Income Distribution in from the Cold,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 297-321, March.
- Nadia Belhaj Hassine, 2012.
"Inequality of Opportunity in Egypt,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 26(2), pages 265-295.
- Daniele Checchi & Vito Peragine, 2010. "Inequality of opportunity in Italy," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 429-450, December.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/4320 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferreira , Francisco H. G. & Gignoux, Jeremie, 2008.
"The measurement of inequality of opportunity : theory and an application to Latin America,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4659, The World Bank.
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Jérémie Gignoux, 2011. "The Measurement Of Inequality Of Opportunity: Theory And An Application To Latin America," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(4), pages 622-657, December.
- Gustavo A. Marrero & Juan Gabriel Rodríguez, 2010. "Inequality of opportunity in Europe: Economic and policy facts," Working Papers 172, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Ashish Singh, 2012. "Inequality Of Opportunity In Earnings And Consumption Expenditure: The Case Of Indian Men," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 58(1), pages 79-106, 03.
- Cogneau, Denis & Mesplé-Somps, Sandrine, 2008. "Inequality of Opportunity for Income in Five Countries of Africa," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4320, Paris Dauphine University.
- Denis Cogneau & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2008. "Inequality of Opportunity for Income in Five Countries of Africa," Working Papers DT/2008/04, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Reva).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.