An Empirical Test of the Theory of On-The-Job Search
AbstractPreunemployment search is the fundamental labor market process generating beneficial effects of advance notice. Yet theory indicates that workers receiving notice may not search, whereas others may search even without advance notice. Our weighted results ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Journal of Human Resources.
Volume (Year): 16 (1981)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://jhr.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ambra Poggi, 2013. "Labor mobility network and intra firm wage dispersion," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 133, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Julie Hotchkiss, 1999. "The effect of transitional employment on search duration: A selectivity approach," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 27(1), pages 38-52, March.
- Chuang, Hwei-Lin, 1995. "Job search effectiveness for employed and unemployed college graduate youth in Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 247-260.
- Yves Zénou & Gérard Ballot, 1992. "Appariement et rotation de la main-d'oeuvre : une analyse théorique et économétrique sur données de panel," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 102(1), pages 129-142.
- Elisabetta Marzano, 2008. "Search on the job in European countries: evidence based on the European Community Household Panel Survey (ECHP)," Working Papers 7_2008, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva, 2001. "A Dynamic Model of Job Search Behavior over the Life Cycle with Empirical Applications," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 100, Society for Computational Economics.
- Webber, Douglas A., 2013.
"Firm Market Power and the Earnings Distribution,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7342, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michela Ponzo, 2012.
"On-the-job Search in Italian Labor Markets: An Empirical Analysis,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 213-232, July.
- Ponzo, Michela, 2010. "On-the-job search in Italian labour markets: an empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 25485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ponzo, Michela, 2009. "On-the-job Search in Italian Labour Markets: An Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 15476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Robst & Kimmarie Mcgoldrick, 1997. "Frontier estimation of changes in Workers' labor market information," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(4), pages 386-402, December.
- H. Dawid & S. Gemkow & P. Harting & K. Kabus & K. Wersching & M. Neugart, 2008. "Skills, Innovation, and Growth: An Agent-Based Policy Analysis," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 228(2+3), pages 251-275, June.
- Ponzo, Michela, 2009. "On-the-job search in italian labour markets: an empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 24200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Osorno Del Rosal, Mª P., 2003. "La búsqueda de empleo de los ocupados: intensidad y motivos," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 21, pages 151-174, Abril.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.