Relative Wealth and Risk Taking: A Short Note on the Friedman-Savage Utility Function
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 88 (1980)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- G. S Becker & K. M Murphy & Ivan Werning, 2000. "Status, Lotteries, and Inequality," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 160, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1997.
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(2), pages 189-96, April.
- Philip R. P. Coelho & James E. McClure, 1996.
"Social context and the utility of wealth: Addressing the Markowitz challenge,"
199602, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Jan 1998.
- Coelho, Philip R. P. & McClure, James E., 1998. "Social context and the utility of wealth: Addressing the Markowitz challenge," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 305-314, November.
- Heineck, Guido & Süssmuth, Bernd, 2012.
"A different look at Lenin's legacy: Social capital and risk taking in the two Germanies,"
118, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Heineck, Guido & Süssmuth, Bernd, 2013. "A different look at Lenin’s legacy: Social capital and risk taking in the Two Germanies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 789-803.
- Antoni Bosch-Domènech & Joaquim Silvestre, 2003.
"Do the eealthy risk more money? An experimental comparison,"
Economics Working Papers
692, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2005.
- Antoni Bosch-Domènech & Joaquim Silvestre, 2003. "Do the Wealthy Risk More Money? An Experimental Comparison," Discussion Papers 03-15, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Perez Truglia, Ricardo Nicolas, 2007. "Conspicuous consumption in the land of Prince Charming," MPRA Paper 22009, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Mar 2010.
- Antoni Bosch-Domènech & Joaquim Silvestre, 2005. "The gain-loss asymmetry and single-self preferences," Economics Working Papers 885, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Nikolai Roussanov & Pavel G. Savor, 2012. "Status, Marriage, and Managers' Attitudes To Risk," NBER Working Papers 17904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Denis Conniffe, 2007.
"The Generalised Extreme Value Distribution as Utility Function,"
Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series
n1780907, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Denis Conniffe, 2007. "The Generalised Extreme Value Distribution as Utility Function," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 38(3), pages 275â288.
- Brennan C. Platt & Joseph Price & Henry Tappen, 2010. "Pay-to-Bid Auctions," NBER Working Papers 15695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.