Standardizing anthropometric measures in children and adolescents with new functions for egen
AbstractA new function for egen has been developed to allow transformation of child anthropometric data to z-scores using the LMS method and the reference data available from the 1990 British Growth Reference and the 2000 US CDC Growth Reference. An additional function allows for children to be categorized according to body mass index (weight/height 2) using international cutoff points recommended by the Childhood Obesity Working Group of the International Obesity Taskforce. Copyright 2004 by StataCorp LP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 4 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Note: Windows users should not attempt to download these files with a web browser.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Millimet, Daniel & Wang, Le, 2005. "Is the Quantity-Quality Trade-off Really a Trade-off for All?," Departmental Working Papers 0502, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Stephen C. Smith & Sungil Kwak, 2011. "Multidimensional Poverty and Interlocking Poverty Traps: Framework and Application to Ethiopian Household Panel Data," Working Papers 2011-04, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Marisa Coetzee, 2011.
"Finding the Benefits: Estimating the Impact of the South African Child Support Grant,"
16/2011, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Marisa Coetzee, 2011. "Finding the benefits: Estimating the impact of the South African child support grant," Working Papers 230, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Bauhoff, Sebastian, 2014. "The effect of school district nutrition policies on dietary intake and overweight: A synthetic control approach," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 45-55.
- Kalle Hirvonen, 2013. "Measuring catch-up growth in malnourished populations," Working Paper Series 5913, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.