Economics of Crime: An Investigation of the Deterrent Hypothesis for Urban Areas
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 60 (1978)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Cotte Poveda, 2006. "Crecimiento, Desigualdad Y Pobreza: Un Análisis De La Violencia En Colombia," SERIE DE DOCUMENTOS EN ECONOMÃA Y VIOLENCIA 002233, CENTRO DE INVESTIGACIONES EN VIOLENCIA, INSTITUCIONES Y DESARROLLO ECONÓMICO (VIDE).
- Michael D. Makowsky, 2005.
"An Agent-Based Model of Mortality Shocks, Intergenerational Effects, and Urban Crime,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2005, Society for Computational Economics
91, Society for Computational Economics.
- Michael Makowsky, 2006. "An Agent-Based Model of Mortality Shocks, Intergenerational Effects, and Urban Crime," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 9(2), pages 7.
- Josten, Stefan Dietrich, 2003. "Inequality, Crime and Economic Growth: A Classical Argument for Distributional Equality," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 435-52, August.
- Cherry, Todd L. & List, John A., 2002. "Aggregation bias in the economic model of crime," Economics Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 81-86, March.
- Wilhite, Allen & Allen, W. David, 2008. "Crime, protection, and incarceration," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 481-494, August.
- Worrall, John L., 2004. "The effect of three-strikes legislation on serious crime in California," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 283-296.
- Hope Corman & H. Naci Mocan, 1996. "A Time-Series Analysis of Crime and Drug Use in New York City," NBER Working Papers 5463, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2011095 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.