A Test of the "Expectations Hypothesis" Using Directly Observed Wage and Price Expectations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 54 (1972)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
Other versions of this item:
- Stephen J. Turnovsky & Michael L. Wachter, 1971. "A test of the "expectations hypothesis" using directly observed wage and price expectations," Staff Studies 63, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Franco Modigliani & Lucas Papademos, 1978. "Optimal demand policies against stagflation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 114(4), pages 736-782, December.
- Michael W.M. Roos & Ulrich Schmidt, 2011.
"The importance of time series extrapolation for macroeconomic expectations,"
Kiel Working Papers
1723, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Michael W. M. Roos & Ulrich Schmidt, 2012. "The Importance of Time‐Series Extrapolation for Macroeconomic Expectations," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 13(2), pages 196-210, 05.
- Lester D. Taylor, 1974. "Price Expectations and Household's Demand for Financial Assets," NBER Working Papers 0031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1985.
"Expectations, Life Expectancy, and Economic Behavior,"
NBER Working Papers
0835, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1985. "Expectations, Life Expectancy, and Economic Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(2), pages 389-408, May.
- Jonathan S. Leonard, 1980.
"Wage Expectations in the Labor Market: Survey Evidence on Rationality,"
NBER Working Papers
0440, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonard, Jonathan S, 1982. "Wage Expectations in the Labor Market: Survey Evidence on Rationality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(1), pages 157-61, February.
- Neumark, David & Leonard, Jonathan S, 1993.
"Inflation Expectations and the Structural Shift in Aggregate Labor-Cost Determination in the 1980s,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(4), pages 786-800, November.
- David Neumark & Jonathan S. Leonard, 1992. "Inflation Expectations and the Structural Shift in Aggregate Labor-Cost Determination in the 1980s," NBER Working Papers 4018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1980. "Survey Evidence on The Rationality of Interest Rate Expectations," NBER Working Papers 0261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walter S. Misiolek, 1978. "Specification Error in Estimating the Impact of Expected Inflation on Wages and Unemployment," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 4(3-4), pages 217-224, Jul/Oct.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.