Culture and the Labor Market
AbstractThis paper explores the relationship between culture and labor market behavior. An attempt is made to clarify, from an economic perspective, the meaning of culture; to discuss the importance of cultural studies in the economic analysis of the labor market; and to outline the major theoretical issues that are associated with adopting a cultural perspective on economic behavior in the labor market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Review of Social Economy.
Volume (Year): 58 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://taylorandfrancis.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=104728
Other versions of this item:
- J4 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Stifel & Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 2009.
"Taboos, agriculture and poverty,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2009-15, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marcel Fafchamps & David Stifel, 2009. "Taboos, agriculture and poverty," Economics Series Working Papers CSAE WPS/2009-15, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Stifel, David & Fafchamps, Marcel & Minten, Bart, 2011. "Taboos, Agriculture and Poverty," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/333756, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Tolciu, Andreia & Zierahn, Ulrich, 2010.
"Women and work: what role do social norms play?,"
HWWI Research Papers
1-30, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Schneck, Stefan, 2013.
"My Wage is Unfair! Just a Feeling or Comparison with Peers?,"
70096, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Schneck, Stefan, 2014. "My Wage is Unfair! Just a Feeling or Comparison with Peers?," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.