Structural Transformations and Important Coefficients in the North American Economies
AbstractThis paper assesses a few issues related to the question of finding the so-called important coefficients in an input-output table. Further, these coefficients are located in the corresponding matrices of Canada, the USA and Mexico. Important coefficients are analysed employing graph theoretical tools as well as qualitative input-output concepts and techniques. Empirical results are discussed in terms of the possible implications for trade and regional integration which, presumably, would have deepened in the 1990s.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Economic Systems Research.
Volume (Year): 14 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CESR20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bulmer-Thomas, Victor, 1978. "Trade, structure and linkages in Costa Rica : An input-output approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 73-86, March.
- Michael Sonis & J. D. Hewings & Jiemin Guo, 2000. "A New Image of Classical Key Sector Analysis: Minimum Information Decomposition of the Leontief Inverse," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 401-423.
- Bullard, Clark W, III & Sebald, Anthony V, 1977. "Effects of Parametric Uncertainty and Technological Change on Input-Output Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(1), pages 75-81, February.
- Hazari, Bharat R, 1970. "Empirical Identification of Key Sectors in the Indian Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 301-05, August.
- Jones, Leroy P, 1976. "The Measurement of Hirschmanian Linkages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 323-33, May.
- García Muñiz, Ana Salomé & Morillas Raya, Antonio & Ramos Carvajal,Carmen, 2007. "Núcleos productivos en Europa y España. Un estudio a partir de modelos discretos centro-periferia/Productive Nucleuses in European Union and Spain. A study from discrete core-periphery models," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 485-510, Abril.
- Kuwamori, Hiroshi & Okamoto, Nobuhiro, 2007. "Industrial Networks between China and the Countries of the Asia-Pacific Region," IDE Discussion Papers 110, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Hermann Schnabl, 2003. "The ECA-method for Identifying Sensitive Reactions within an IO Context," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 495-504.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.